Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Extra Chop

You know, the last couple of times I've chopped up onions for our homemade pizza, I've cut up WAY too much. I'm always doing this 'cause I'm just really bad at estimating. Usually, I'd just pile the onions on really think and deem the thing a "Veggie Lovers", but that has other ramifications (I'm sure I don't have to explain them). So, I decided to just put the chopped up onions -and peppers one time- into one of those tiny Tupperware containers, and stick 'em back in the fridge. Now I'm sure the quality of the produce would begin to diminish rather quickly, but I was able to use them within a few days, and they were just fine. When I did, I thought, "Wow. That was kinda nice not having to go through all the "work" of chopping this time." So now I'm thinking every time I'm about to chop up some onion, I think about whether or not I'll need any onion (or whatever) during the rest of the week. If I do, I might as well get my chop on right then, and save myself some effort down the road. What do ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? I'd love to hear it!