Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Whew

Wow! It's been forever and a day since I last posted! Sorry about that. I guess I've been busy or something... Anyway, I've been working on ALOT of things, and 1 of them is preparing for my almost 1 year old's very first birthday party. I've been agonizing for weeks over how to make it appropriately over the top, but not too over the top, but pretty much over the top. I suddenly had a vision for a super cute decoration, and I'm preparing a post for that which I'll show you soon. In the meantime, here's my tip of the day:
*Did you know that ants hate cloves? It's true. I hate to admit it, but I discovered ants coming in the window above my sink yesterday afternoon. I was buzzing all over the internet looking for non-chemical (since I know I don't have any lying around) ways to get rid of them. Let's just say there were lots, but the cloves thing sounded interesting. I think the poster said something like, "It will make them run screaming. You have to listen very carefully because they have tiny mouths, but you can hear it." Well, that was enough for me, so I tried it. They actually did run away from it, and after sprinkling the ground cloves all along the window ledge, not one of them bothered to come in.
That is until the next afternoon when they found a crack underneath the window to come in. I put some ground cloves on a piece of tape and put it over the crack, and that seems to have abated them again. I'm definitely going to get some ant bait next week when I get to the store, but if you're like me, and can't stand the thought of them crawling around 'til then, the old ground cloves trick will definitely hold them off for a while. *Good luck!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? I'd love to hear it!