Friday, March 26, 2010

Ravioli and Cheese Bake

Well, while you're waiting for the pizza crust recipe, I thought I'd tide you over with this little gem. It is ridiculously easy and so yummy, too! Here we go:

You'll need:
1 lb. Italian sausage (or hamburger if you prefer)
1 pkg. (20 oz) of fresh cheese-filled ravioli
1 jar (at least 16oz) spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
*First brown the meat and drain as desired. Mix the meat and ravioli in a casserole dish.
*Pour in the spaghetti sauce and stir to coat. If you don't feel like you've got enough coverage, you can add a little water, oil, or beef broth to the mixture to extend the sauce, but I don't usually find that I need to do this.*Next comes the Parmesan cheese. I use the crumbled kind like you shake on a pizza, 'cause I always have that around, but any kind would probably do. I sprinkle on enough to look like a good coating, and the give it one more stir to mix it all up.*Cover with foil, and bake at 375 degrees for about 45-50 minutes, or until your ravioli is tender. When it's all done baking, take it out and remove the foil, and stir one more time. Coat the whole thing with the Mozzarella cheese, and let it set for about 5 minutes to let the cheese melt, and...

Voila! A delicious, easy dinner (or supper, but that's a debate for another time). Add on some bread and/or a little salad, and you're all gourmet and stuff! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to share? I'd love to hear it!